2018 SPEAKERS COMING SOON
Opening Keynote Speaker
Mark Hoffman is a senior executive, entrepreneur, and consultant with over 25 years of experience leading business, strategy, marketing, and operations in start-up, high-growth, and turnaround environments in the US and abroad. He is currently the CEO & President of Larson Packaging Company, a manufacturer of customized, industrial packaging for high-tech companies in Silicon Valley and an Affiliated Consultant with Amphora Consulting where he provides business strategy expertise and strategic marketing education to international corporations. Previously he was a Partner at Booz Allen Hamilton where he led strategy, marketing, and operations engagements for top-tier multi-national corporations in various sectors including engineering/industrial, consumer products, financial services, agribusiness, and distribution. Mark has lived and worked in three countries (US, Colombia, Perú) and is fluent in Spanish. He has an MBA in Strategy and Finance from the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago and a BA in Economics with Honors from the University of California, San Diego where he has also recently taught a successful Management Lab class in the economics department. Mark serves on three non-profit Boards and is an Assistant Scoutmaster. He currently resides in the San Francisco Bay area with his wife and three children.
- Tuck-ins: Entrepreneurship through acquisition... and acquisition... and acquisition…
- Growth mode: Sales, strategic partnerships, and broadening scope
- Lessons Learned: What I did right, and what you should do differently
ETA Model Overview
- Overview of traditional, self funded, and incubated search models
- The balance between capital and mentorship
- Alignment with your personal and professional ambitions
- Current state of each model and expected trends
Afternoon Fireside Chat
José R. Stella, Co-CEO & Founder - Mr. Stella is currently Co-CEO and Co-Founder of QMC Telecom International Holdings LLC, a multinational provider of wireless infrastructure. Prior to that, he was the CEO and Co-founder of VIU Media until the sale of the company to Lamar Advertising (NASDAQ:LAMR) in 2006. At the time of the sale, VIU Media was Puerto Rico's largest locally owned outdoor advertising company.
Prior to becoming President of VIU Media, he was the Co-Founder and President of Quest Management Corporation, a private equity group formed to identify, acquire, and operate a company in Puerto Rico.
Previously, Mr. Stellaworked at KPMG Peat Marwick in the middle-market M&A Advisory Group. He also worked for UBS in Zurich and Chase Manhattan Bank where he worked in Corporate Finance. Jose received, along with his business partner, the 2004 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Puerto Rico. Throughout the years he has served on several boards of directors. Mr. Stella graduated high honors with a B.A. in Economics, Finance and Investments, from Babson College and graduated cum laude with an MBA from University of Michigan.
- Challenges searching
- Sucessfully exiting a business
- Life after a search fund
How to Search and Close
- The search process, from industry ideation to closing
- Proprietary search methods vs. brokered deals
- Common challenges and strategies to overcome
- Best and worst search stories
1: Lessons Learned from Adversity
- Trials and tribulations of being a CEO
- Sources of adversity
- The importance of relationship management
- “What I’d do differently… ”
2: The Young CEO Experience
- The First 100 Days
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Transitioning the Seller
- orking with your board